Gun violence is the leading cause of death for young people in the U.S. We are building a movement to:
Advocate for common-sense gun safety laws.
Elect Gun Sense Candidates at local, state, and national levels.
Educate our peers and communities on gun safety issues and solutions.
Register new voters and mobilize our peers.
End gun violence.
What We Do
We deserve better, and we're turning our outrage into action.
Supporting and educating
- Spreading awareness among our peers
- Uplifting voices of gun violence survivors
- Influencing on social media
- Building leadership skills
- Educating around gun safety issues and solutions
- Electing Gun Sense Candidates
- Registering our peers to vote
- Phonebanking, texting, and canvassing
- Meeting with elected officials
- Demanding accountability
Building a movement
- Grassroots organizing in every state
- Mobilizing our peers to join the movement
- Refusing to accept things as they are
- Making our voices and stories heard
- Demanding real change because our lives depend on it
Who We Are
We've grown up in the midst of this gun violence crisis, and we can end it. Meet some of our leadership.03
Peren Tiemann, Lake Oswego, OR (she/they)
"Gun violence prevention is important to me because a person’s identity and our moments of personal crisis should not mean the difference between life and death."
LaTayla Billingslea, Covington, GA (she/her)
"What motivates me to keep going are the generations to come and how I don’t want them to feel the same fear and disappointment that I feel right now."
Zack Maaieh, Toledo, OH (he/him)
"I am so proud that our volunteers are able to connect from every part of the country to support each other and our work."
Seo yoon Yang, Chattanooga, TN (she/her)
"The goal of gun violence prevention is simple: save lives. And honestly that is a goal that I hope everyone in this country would work towards."
Ultimately, our movement exists to end gun violence and save lives.
Together with Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action, we’ve advocated for the defeat of dangerous gun bills in the 2021 legislative sessions in Indiana, Maryland, and Wyoming. We campaigned during the 2020 election for state and national candidates who are now shaping gun safety policy. We helped to register 100,000 new voters. But there is still so much more to do. Will you join us?Join Us